We had a nice discussion November 15th for the monthly meetup. The purpose was to recap the year and look forward to growing the group in the coming months.
As for progress to date, one of the success stories is the work of Pavel Vakh and team from iternative.net at UP Orlando. They have been engaging with the nonprofit, delivering much needed IT services and was able to obtain a file server for their initiatives.
As for looking forward to the future, we have two upcoming meetings:
- In December, we will hold our event at the Pet Alliance Orlando
- In January, one of our newer members, Greg Troxell, of National Alliance for Youth Development will be sponsoring the January event
– look forward to meetup details for both events.
I am pleased that we have re-activated this group. There has been very positive reviews and we’d like to capitalize on that for the future. We need to deliver more positive outcomes to more non profits in greater Orlando.
For the future, I’d like to hear from you. Please comment below.
I would like to thank all the people who RSVP’d and/or attended last night’s event at UPOrlando.
We initially met, then participated in a site visit of the non-profit by Nina Yon, UPOrlando’s director of development.
At the conclusion of the site visit, Mark Becker, of Cathexis Partners, discussed Peer-to-Peer fundraising – this is a model that many non-profits can use.
At the conclusion of the presentation, we discussed how we can position Tech4Good to make immediate impact in the community. Several ideas/activities:
- Publish a directory of IT suppliers/organizations that Non-profits can use (look for a separate tab on this site)
- Provide focused support for one organization, engage several groups to help alleviate some of the key pain points at the non-profit.
- Communicate to the non-profits about the services our group could provide
We specifically addressed how the team could help UPOrlando, immediately. Please watch this space as we work with UPOrlando in the next few days.
I would ask if you have additional comments, please provide here:
Margaux also presented Piktochart which assists in the creation of infographics. I am a huge fan of infographics and loved learning how to create them! Be on the look out for some Tech4Good infographics created by yours truly!
Margaux’s final presentation was EventBrite. Tech4Good uses EventBrite to track our attendance for our events and it works wonders! The best part of EventBrite is it also provides statical data for promotional tools. This allows T4G to better understand how to effectively reach our members!